Updated: Apr 12
We already know that sunlight has a positive impact on so many levels when it comes to our health, but what are the benefits of having a good amount of natural light in your home?
Benefits of sunlight in your home:
1. Better mood - it instantly makes you feel positive and energised (natural light increases endorphins and serotonin).
2. Helps you sleep better - when you get enough of vitamin D your body is more relaxed and it allows you to sleep like a baby. No wonder when you get back from a beach all you can think of is napping.
3. It helps regulate the natural rhythms of our body and mind. It helps you think better with more focus and who knows you might get some great ideas.
4. You can spot easier if your home needs cleaning. I know it can be annoying to see a layer of dust on your desk, but hey no point of hiding it. Having that good amount of daylight helps you spot it at the early stage and get it nice and shiny again.
5. Increased sustainability - producing electricity for your home using nothing but natural daylight creates a healthier, happier, comfortable and more sustainable home.
6. Natural light is economical - you can see some savings big time in your utility bills just by having good doors and windows with the air-tight insulation and maximising the sunshine that comes in.
7. It helps you keep your plants alive. It's hard enough to maintain them as it is (at least it is for me) but let's say you need to go travelling for a week or so and your plants need simple things like water & light. Not having that element, surely when you get back home, what you'll find is some sad plants.
Ways to increase the natural light in your home:
Use curtain with light colour and see-through fabric. That way you can still get the light even when you want some privacy with the curtains closed.
Install big sliding glass window across the whole wall.
Avoid placing darker furniture in front of the windows.
Use mirrors - a great way to reflect and spread the light even further.
Choose white/bright theme for your interior design elements.
Replace traditional with glass doors.
Install tubular skylights.
Go for open concept space.
Here are some examples how to make each room Brighter and more Positive:
Other Articles you might like:
Have a wonderful week lovelies!
(P.S. follow Barbulianno on Instagram)
Know someone that will love it?
SHARE IT! :)