Updated: Jun 29, 2020
In this chaotic, information-overload world, I think we all need a place to escape to, where we can switch off the noise and clear our mind. I am not an expert on meditation but I'm sure we all did it at some point without realising it.
It's that moment when you completely switch off and create a calm escape from everything that's happening around you. When you get rid of all the negative and get recharged with nothing but the positive energy.
To make a beautiful and relaxing space, it's enough if you have just a small spare room or even just a corner. When you want to relax what your mind and eyes are asking for is not to get visually distracted. This is a perfect time to get rid of any clutter you were planning to for such a long time (we all have one of those corners).
Things you will need for a Meditation space:
The beauty of this little project is that less is more. You can pretty much set it up in less than half an hour because I'm sure you have pretty much everything in your home already:
1. Area rug - you can simply rearrange the one you already have. If you have one in lighter colour - Bingo! (if not, nothing to worry about ). Here are some of my favourite affordable Eco-Friendly area rugs from Natural Collection perfect for meditating:
2. Mediation cushion - I'm sure there are more of you like myself out there in constant need for just "one more cushion". Now that your couch is filled with unhealthy amount of those, it's time to borrow some for your new meditation room.
3. Candles - is there anything more relaxing than a beautifully scented candle? (I don't think so). And guess what - relaxing scent is one of the essential elements for meditation. My favourite one when I want to relax completely is Chai Latte Soy - handmade Vegan and Plastic Free Candle by Vegan Bunny Co:
4. Small table or a shelf for your ritual items. If you don't have any just put some extra candles.
5. Sage or Palo Santo for energetic clearing of the room. Okay maybe you don't really keep these hidden in one of your drawers, but no worries you can find Sage by CraftMoor. If you prefer Palo Santo I found a really good one on Etsy from one of the bestsellers Tales Of The Wind. You can also visit your local Zen shop.
6. Green friends - there are some really beautiful plants that attract positive energy. Here are some you can source easily:
When it comes to decor you are pretty much all set. I would normally choose more neutral colours like beige, egg white and pieces made of reclaimed wood. Anything that gives that clean, natural & organic feel, but you should choose what ever works best for you.
SHOP directly from the makers at our TOP Eco-Friendly home decor Picks.
Get inspired with our Earth-Friendly Mood Boards with the full shopping list and the total budget needed.
Other articles you might like:
Thought of the day - World is one big playground so don't forget to play. Take a moment for yourself because you deserve it! Till next time, have a wonderful week lovelies.
Subscribe and JOIN The Green Community to Get Decorating Tips for a Greener Home, weekly!
(This article does contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission when you click the above links and make purchases (at no extra cost to you). I try my best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you).
Know someone that will love it?
SHARE IT! :)